As more social networks look to add on-platform selling tools, social commerce will become more of a thing. Already, people can go through the entire customer journey without leaving social media. In time, networking websites like Facebook and Instagram will be more effective at promoting commercial products and services directly from their platforms.
If you have a retail business, it’s important to prepare for the rise of social commerce. Here are some tips for doing exactly that.
How to Use Social Commerce to Grow Your Business
Did you know that 58 percent of people say that social media influences their purchase decisions? You can probably relate. Most likely, there have been times in your life when you turned to social media to read reviews, ask for a recommendation or collect feedback. What people shared with you probably influenced your decision.
Knowing how influential social media reviews are, it’s important that you are actively engaged on your social channels. If you don’t take charge of your brand image, someone else could. To leverage social commerce, follow these tips.
- Use automated chatbots. Save time and money by implementing chatbots. This intelligent software can answer questions, offer product recommendations and provide audience-focused information. This keeps customers in the funnel and increases conversions.
- Focus on mobile users. The majority of people who use social media are on their mobile devices. It’s crucial that you provide a good experience for these users. Not only should your site be fully optimized for mobile, but also you should create deals that are exclusive to mobile platforms.
- Monitor reviews. One angry customer can cause a lot of trouble. Monitor what people are saying about your brand to protect your reputation. If a negative review is left, handle it professionally and politely. This can make all the difference in what people think of your brand.
- Connect with customers. 90 percent of customers expect a response right away. So, don’t leave them hanging. Utilize tools like Facebook Messenger to connect directly with customers. This allows you to provide accurate feedback, guide users through the funnel and build stronger relationships.
- Work with influencers. Influencer marketing is a great way to get people talking about your brand. Find the right influencers for your campaigns. It’s best to work with micro-influencers who have highly targeted audiences with strong engagement rates.
Going forward, make sure that you think about how customer expectations are changing and the types of shopping experiences people want. This will help you build a strong social presence that makes your brand enjoyable to interact and shop with.